It’s summer. Summer means hot. Very hot. Summer means too hot for using the oven. Summer means braai’s and mozzies. Summer means swimming, sunburn and ice lollies. Summer means salad. Lots of salad. Lots and lots of salad.
This salad has got to be one of the tastiest – and easiest and cheapest (when avo’s are in season) – salad recipes I’ve made to date. It’s filling, is very quick to throw together and tastes great when it’s cold and fresh out of the fridge. Yummy …
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/3 cup (10gm)chopped parsley
- 2tbsp spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 english cucumber, sliced (remove seeds if you’re not eating it immediately)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently to combine, making sure not to mash the avocados and feta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain a can of tuna and add – this is one of our camping lunchtime favourites